Saturday, September 17, 2011

There's Iron in Your Words of Life... and Death...

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.

I've lived a blessed life. No, I am not rich... I am not famous... I just am. I am blessed to have a mother that cared and taught me how to survive in the real world. I could read, write (in cursive), solve basic mathematical problems, sew, wash clothes and cook before I ever stepped foot into a classroom. My mom made sure I could/would survive by teaching me those basic skills. She taught me that there is no problem that can't be solved; no problem that can't be learned from. I am forever grateful to her for that.

She also allowed me to pursue my love of music at a young age. With my baby sister a new born, in the next room, mom allowed my teenage band to practice in the living room. She also never paid for anything musical...  "If you want it, work for it." Another valuable lesson.

As a child, I dreamed that I would die in the month of September after I turned 59. I've been fearfully anticipating that upcoming event. We are in that month and year. The dream stayed with me all of my life. However, I now know that it wasn't about me. Thursday morning a piece of me died. Thursday morning, Mom's mission on earth ended peacefully and quietly. The dream wasn't about me, it was about my mom.

I love you Mom... and thank you for everything.

Rest well Mom.......

4 comments:

Jean said...

I'm so sorry, my friend.
May she be at peace.

I love her smile in the photo.

T said...

Nothing I can say...I am so very sorry for your loss. Please don't close down inside...I am praying for you, as always.

Freddie said...

So very sorry for your loss.

Kernut the Blond said...

OMG - That post is so sweet and so sad. I'm very sorry for your loss, but happy for your wonderful memories of her. (((hugs)))

I, too, have a weird dream like that about myself. Now you have me thinking.